Lithium is widely used in the treatment of manic depressive psychosis. Administered as Lithium Carbonate, it is completely absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract, peak serum levels occur 2 to 4 hours after an oral dose. The half life in serum is 48 to 72 hours and it is cleared through the kidneys (excretion parallels that of sodium). Reduced renal function can prolong clearance time. Lithium acts by enhancing the uptake of neurotransmitters which produces a sedative effect on the central nervous system. Serum Lithium concentrations are carried out essentially to ensure compliance and to avoid toxicity.
Features and Benefits
- For the quantitative measurement of lithium in human serum.
- Available in designated packaging. Easy to use.
- 30-day on-board reagent stability and 2-week calibration stability. No reagent waste.
- Calibrator included in the kit. Cost effective.
- Reagent has a neutral pH. Not corrosive to instruments.
- This reagent is intended for the in vitro quantitative measurement of Lithium.
- Reagent is supplied ready to use.
- Once opened the reagent is stable in the opaque bottle until the expiry date stated, provided that it is capped when not in use and stored at 2-8°C.
|LITHIUM, ENZYMATIC||DZ116B-KB1||1x20 mL (R1); 1x10 mL (R2); 5x3 mL Calibrator|
|LITHIUM, ENZYMATIC||DZ116B-KB2||2x20 mL (R1); 2x10 mL (R2); 5x3 mL Calibrator|
|LITHIUM, ENZYMATIC||DZ116B-KH1||2x10 mL (R1); 2x5 mL (R2); 3x3 mL Calibrator|
|LITHIUM, ENZYMATIC||DZ116B-KH2:||2x20 mL (R1); 2x10 mL (R2); 3x3 mL Calibrator|
|LITHIUM LIQUID||TR-66056||2x28 mL (R1)|