The principle role of HDL in lipid metabolism is the uptake and transport of cholesterol from peripheral tissues to the liver through a process known as reverse cholesterol transport (a proposed cardioprotective mechanism). Low HDL-C levels are strongly associated with an increased risk of coronary heart disease and coronary artery disease. Hence, the determination of serum HDL-C is a useful tool in identifying high-risk patients. The Adult Treatment Panel of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) recommends that in all adults 20 years of age and over, a fasting lipoprotein profile (total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol and triglyceride) should be obtained once every five years to screen for coronary heart disease risk.
Features and Benefits
ULTRA N-GENEOUS® HDL CHOLESTEROL REAGENT
- For the quantitative measurement of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) concentration in human serum or plasma.
- Excellent hemolysis, icterus, lipemia and ascorbic acid interference claims. Minimizes dilutions and retesting.
- Meets 1998 NCEP total error goals of <13%. Confidence in results and correct classification of patients.
- Liquid stable, ready to use reagent. Easy to use, no additional preparation required.
- Applicable to multiple chemistry platforms. Laboratory flexibility.
- Serum and plasma samples acceptable. Flexible sample types to meet different laboratory needs.
HDLULTRA TEST KIT
- For the quantitative measurement of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C).
- Reagents are ready to use and do not require reconstitution. Reagent 1 and 2 are stable open on the analyzer for 4 weeks at 2-8°C.
|HDLULTRA TEST KIT||6121||1x60 mL (R1); 1x20 mL (R2)|
|HDLULTRA TEST KIT||6122||1x250 mL (R1); 1x80 mL (R2)|
|ULTRA N-GENEOUS® HDL CHOLESTEROL REAGENT||80-6283-00||1x750 mL (R1)|
|ULTRA N-GENEOUS® HDL CHOLESTEROL REAGENT||80-6277-00||1x250 mL (R2)|
|Bulk configurations available. Contact Us.||--||--|