Syphilis a chronic infection is caused by Treponema pallidum which can be transmitted congenitally or by sexual contact. It is characterized by episodes of active disease interrupted by periods of latency1. There are two types of serological test for syphilis, non-treponemal and treponemal. Treponemal tests measure antibodies to native (Nichols strain) or recombinant Treponemal Pallidum antigens 1. This automated assay is based on a latex immunoturbidimetric test principle.
TPLA and RPR Brochure
- For the quantitative measurement of anti-Treponema pallidum antibodies in human serum and plasma.
- Fully automated methodology, improving the accuracy, precision and consistency of results.
- Fast results (10 minute assay)… ideal for screening.
- Definitive quantitative result.
- Good correlation with traditional methods (TPHA) … confidence in results.
- No false positives were found in samples from collagenosis patients, pregnant women and dialysis patients.
1. Longom DL, Fauci, AS, Kasper DL, Hauser SL, Jameson JL and Loscalzo J. Eds Harrison’s Online-Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine. 18e, Part 8. Infectious Diseases. McGraw-Hill
Product Availability: Europe, Africa, Middle East
Safety Data Sheets
Contact us to get more information, become part of our distribution network, or ask a question about our products and their availability in your region:
||1x60 mL (R1); 1x10 mL (R2)|
||1 x 3mL (Level A); 1x 3 mL (Level B)|
||5 levels x2 mL|