Syphilis a chronic infection is caused by Treponema pallidum which can be transmitted congenitally or by sexual contact. It is characterized by episodes of active disease interrupted by periods of latency1. There are two types of serological test for syphilis, non-treponemal and treponemal. The most widely used non-treponemal antibody tests for syphilis are the rapid plasma reagin (RPR) and venereal disease research laboratory (VDRL) tests, both measuring antibodies against a cardiolipin-lecithin-cholesterol antigen complex.
- For the quantitative measurement of syphilitic anti-lipid antibodies concentration in serum and plasma.
- Fully automated methodology, improving the accuracy, precision and consistency of results.
- Fast results (10 minute assay)… ideal for screening
- Definitive quantitative RPR result, so you can treat with confidence.
- Good correlation with traditional methods (RPR Card).
- The SEKURE RPR can detect small changes in titre, giving a truer reflection of therapeutic effects compared to the RPR card test 2.
1. Longo, DL, Fauci, AS, Kasper DL, Hauser SL, Jameson JL and Loscalzo J. Eds Harrison’s Online-Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine. 18e Part 8. Infectious Diseases. McGraw-Hill
2. Osato K et al. Clinical Evaluation of Latex Agglutination Test Kits for Detecting Anti-syphilitic Lipoidal Antibodies and Anti-treponemal Antibodies. Japanese Journal of Sexually Transmitted Diseases 2002; 13 (1):124–130.
Calibrator: RPR Calibrator
Control: RPR Control
Product Availability: Europe, Africa, Middle East, Contact Us
Contact us to get more information, become part of our distribution network, or ask a question about our products and their availability in your region:
|RPR REAGENT||486616||1x60 mL (R1); 1x20 mL (R2)|