Lipoprotein(a) or Lp(a) is a lipoprotein particle structurally similar to LDL, but distinctive due to the covalent linkage of apolipoprotein(a) [Apo(a)] to apolipoprotein B (a protein marker for LDL) by a disulfide bond. Apo(a) is a protein that has similarity to plasminogen, but does not have fibrinolytic activity. Recently much attention has been placed on the physiologic role of the Apo(a) portion of the Lp(a) molecule. The competition of Lp(a) with plasminogen for binding in the coagulation/fibrinolysis system and the presence of cholesterol esters with the Lp(a) particle have been studied.
- For the quantitative measurement of human lipoprotein(a) [Lp(a)] by immunoturbidimetric assay.
- Reagents are ready to use.
- Opened reagents can be used for 1 month if stored at 2-10°C.
Lp(a) CHOLESTEROL (PNT)
- Lp(a) reagent set is an in vitro diagnostic test for the quantitative measurement of lipoprotein(a) Lp(a).
- Liquid ready-to-use.
- Minimal interference from apo(a) isoforms size variation. Calibrator values based on IFCC Reference Material SRM2B.
- Linear range of 2.0-80.0 mg/dL.
- Applicable to most chemistry analyzers.
Calibrator: Lp(a) Cholesterol Calibrators
Control: Lp(a) Cholesterol Controls
Product Availability: Americas
Contact us to get more information, become part of our distribution network, or ask a question about our products and their availability in your region:
|Lp(a)||KAI-044||1x21 mL (R1); 1x3 mL (R2)|
|Lp(a) CHOLESTEROL (PNT)||L7597-40||1x30 mL (R1); 1x10 mL (R2)|
|Lp(a)||DZ131B-KY1||1x60 mL (R1), 1x20 mL(R2)|
|Lp(a)||KAI-017||3x21 mL (R1); 1x9 mL (R2)|