The various functions of Albumin in the blood stream include the transport of insoluble organic anions, the binding of toxic heavy metals, the transport of poorly soluble hormones, the maintenance of plasma colloidal osmotic pressure, and the provision of a reserve store of protein. Low serum values can result from malnutrition or liver disease, an increase in catabolism, increased excretion in urine or feces, or a change in distribution between the intravascular and extravascular compartments. High serum values can result from dehydration.
- For the quantitative measurement of albumin.
- One part stable liquid. Easy to use, no additional reagent preparation required.
- Bromocresol Green (BCG) method is recommended over the Bromocresol Purple (BCP) method in patients with liver disease. BCG offers improved reliability.
- Wide variety of chemistry analyzer applications available. Flexible laboratory testing.
- Convenient package formats. Suitable for any laboratory regardless of workflow demands.
Calibrator: DC-Cal Multi-Analyte Calibrator
Product Availability: Americas, Europe, Contact Us
Contact us to get more information, become part of our distribution network, or ask a question about our products and their availability in your region:
|ALBUMIN||200-45||4x125 mL (R1)|
|ALBUMIN||200-05||1x1000 mL (R1)|