Maintenance Technician II
Responsible for performing maintenance on manufacturing equipment in a process-validated environment. Follows all established maintenance, quality, and safety practices. Provides support and fulfills responsibilities for all shifts as needed.
• Performs preventative and corrective maintenance for all
manufacturing and facility equipment according to their
specification and procedures. Work may include SCARA Robotics,
PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controller) troubleshooting, electronic
systems, instrumentation, controls, electric motors, liquid pumps,
heating elements, pneumatic systems, and transmission systems.
• Able to interpret equipment documentation, including schematic,
drawings, sketches, wiring diagrams and specifications in planning
and performing maintenance and repairs.
• Assists in installation of new equipment and processes, including
running tests and contributing to reports.
• Assists in periodic review and improvement of standard operating
• Assists in ensuring the individual, team, equipment and processes
comply with health and safety standard regulations.
• Supports the troubleshooting and continuous improvement of
process and equipment, utilizing root cause analysis to permanently
• Utilizes company methods or other best practices such as Lean
Manufacturing, Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA), or others.
• Assists in maintaining, organizing, and replenishing the
manufacturing equipment spare parts inventory.
• Procures equipment spare parts, specialized, and general tools as
• Communicates with and responds to calls from alarm monitoring
• Provides general support to Facilities department as needed.
• Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation
and effectiveness of Sekisui Diagnostics’ Quality Management
System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
• Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may
occur from the improper performance of their specific job.
• Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both
internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the
company and is consistent with the company’s policies and
• Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
• Perform other responsibilities as required.
Education / Experience:
• Meets one of the following:
• Engineering technical certification or training and 2 years
maintenance work experience in manufacturing environment
• 6 years maintenance work experience in a manufacturing
• Experience in FDA regulated industry preferred
Skills / Pre-requisites:
• Strong electrical, mechanical, and diagnostic skills for complex
equipment and failures required.
• Familiar with related hand and shop tools and diagnostic
• Understanding of the maintenance impact on manufacturing
quality, productivity, and efficiency.
• Must be able to add value to the company and achieve its growth
objectives through high quality, cost efficient manufacturing and
facility support and personal development
Lean/Six Sigma training or certification preferred