Temporary Principal Accounting Associate
THIS IS A 6 TO 8 MONTH TEMPORARY FULL-TIME CONTRACT.
To provide financial and accounting support for Sekisui Diagnostics P.E.I. Inc.
- Coordinating Accounts Receivable activities including general accounting inquiries, payment processing, cash collections, account monitoring and maintenance. Prepare deposit books and go to the bank if needed.
- Coordinating Accounts Payable activities including account coding, invoice entry, check preparation, supplier statement reconciliations and supplier inquiries.
- Assist in the preparation and processing of payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Preparing and administering GST / HST tax remittances and government regulatory submissions.
- Complete daily and monthly bank reconciliations and monitoring cash flows.
- Complete monthly control account reconciliations.
- Perform selected financial analysis as required by Associate Director of Finance.
- Prepare general ledger entries and in depth account analysis.
- Cost center reporting – sending out monthly reports to managers in all departments.
- Administer expense reporting system and credit card program.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Education / Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent plus 5 to 8 years of related experience. A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Finance/Accounting with 2-4 years of related experience is preferred.
Skills / Pre-requisites:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization – both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills and excellent decision making skills. Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and work within established deadlines and time constraints.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a multi-task environment.
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of payroll practices, reports and software.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and computerized accounting applications.
- Working knowledge of computerized word processing and data entry.
- No specific training experience required.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
By selecting apply now you will be leaving the Sekisui Diagnostics web site.