Scope: The Associate Buyer/Planner will be responsible to maintain and update supplier scorecards (supplier evaluations), assist with new material sourcing, obtaining product pricing and supporting product qualification. He/she will also provide initial support with vendors to resolve supply, pricing or other issues in a positive and professional manner as well as assist with raw material planning and to assist with finished goods planner.
May include some or all of the following:
- Providing input to assist in supplier evaluations, including maintenance of supplier records to support this activity.
- Assisting and supporting in an ongoing process to determine the best supplier to purchase various products from in order to meet the company’s requirements for quality, delivery (lead-time), price and/or service.
- Requesting quotations for new products and services where required.
- Maintaining and updating quality system procedures as necessary.
- Assisting in maintaining and updating supplier/product contract pricing in the ERP system.
- Ensuring new and established material specifications are verified by Operations and that the supplier has received the most current version.
- Working effectively within a multi-functional team environment and with all departments and levels of leadership.
- Updating stakeholders on confirmed or potential delays with purchased materials during weekly departmental meetings.
- Reviewing daily/weekly reports in ERP system.
- Working towards driving costs out of the business.
- Working towards meeting or exceeding department metrics and goals.
- Assisting with planning production schedules in conjunction with production and packaging groups.
- Monitoring comprehensive sets of data including inventory positions, expiry dates and sourcing lead times of all raw materials, intermediates and finished goods, sales forecasts, product launches, discontinuations and market performance, as well as status of current work in progress in order to effectively plan and coordinate buying and production activities.
- Communicating schedule changes internally to ensure that staff and customers are kept informed of product availability and order status.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Education / Experience:
- University degree or 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing and inventory control.
- Experience with ERP systems.
Skills / Pre-requisites:
- Computer skills including working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Ability to take a leadership role in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and accounting skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task.
Sekisui Diagnostics is a global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong core values. Sekisui Diagnostics offers a competitive salary, a competitive benefits package, and opportunities for professional growth to help you develop your skills to be successful in your career.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
By selecting apply now you will be leaving the Sekisui Diagnostics web site.