Temporary Associate Scientist
Successful candidates will be responsible for performing experimental testing which will be utilized to assess diagnostic test performance during the feasibility, optimization and validation steps of the development process. The position employs day-to-day project activity through interaction with technical personnel while gathering, analyzing and interpreting scientific data. Project progress will be communicated through verbal or written data reports internally within the company.
Employing in-depth technical knowledge, defines and implements a series of experiments to solve a problem. Solutions may involve the formulation and testing of a hypothesis or the development of new techniques and procedures. Prior to initiation will seek input/consultation, as appropriate.
- Designs, executes and interprets experiments and analytical procedures with supervision.
- Uses the literature and colleagues as resources.
- In consultation with supervisor or colleagues, contributes substantially to the understanding and interpretation of results, the relevance to project objectives and how they impact the design of subsequent experiments.
- Interpret and report results in oral and written formats, both within and outside the department.
- Keeps current with new methodologies pertinent to their function and is able to introduce them with supervisor input.
- Serves as a consultant within the area of expertise within and among internal R&D groups.
- May serve as a mentor to lower level employees in performing routine established procedures.
- May assist in the development of new experimental techniques.
Education / Experience:
BS in a scientific discipline with 2-3 years relevant laboratory work experience in the in vitro diagnostics field.
Skills / Pre-requisites:
- This role requires experience with in vitro diagnostic assay development (preferably in the field of lateral flow assay development).
- In-depth knowledge of scientific principles and techniques in area of responsibility.
- Developing solutions to experimental and technical problems that are encountered per project needs/requirements.
- Organizing products and materials for testing and ensuring that quality standards are met.
- Demonstrate the skills, knowledge and ability to conduct independent research.
Company policies and Standard Operating Procedures as defined by QA system at the relevant Sekisui Diagnostics site.