Director, Sales EMEA (Germany)
Responsible for maximizing the market penetration and adoption of Sekisui Diagnostics’ products through the Business to Distribution channel in the EMEA, in order to meet or exceed sales and profit budgets. The position has direct responsibility for managing all territory sales organizations and staff. Establishes and manages a highly effective sales organization to meet the needs of our customers.
May perform some or all of the following:
- Responsible for Sales revenue budgets/forecasts for the territory and for committing to financial targets using the appropriate Sekisui tools (i.e. Demantra)
- Responsible for assigned sales functions and staff for the region
- Defines and implements a sales organization structure that will most effectively support our customers and products, including identification of new positions and/or headcount
- Develops and implements strategies to achieve revenue and margin budgets including sales action plans for the EMEA distribution channel
- Maintain detailed records of customer reports, visits and contacts within the appropriate Sekisui tool (i.e. Dynamics CRM) and to provide a professional and efficient customer service facility for all customer queries
- Establishes an understanding of emerging markets (e.g. Russia) and develops strategies, in collaboration with SMD, for product introductions and market penetration
- Represents and promotes a sales perspective to the Senior Management including the establishment of action plans and the timely reporting of strategic account plans, sales results, sales trends, competitor intelligence and other information essential for SDG to effectively respond to the requirements of the market place
- Defines and implements an appropriate and effective sales methodology including metrics for sales productivity and associated training programs for all sales staff
- Works with other key members of the Management Team to develop new products, pricing strategies, sales and marketing plans and promotional programs in order to achieve short and long term revenue and margin budgets
- Identifies, recommends, monitors, motivates and trains distributors via meetings, exhibitions and working with them in the field
- Negotiates, manages and monitors customer contracts
- Manages the sales cost center budget to ensure cost-effective operations
- Accountable for all sales practices to be in compliance with relevant territory laws regulating the sales of IVD products
- Communicates goals, objectives, accountabilities, priorities, and authority parameters to assigned staff.
- Identifies applicable industry tradeshows and customer meetings and identifies appropriate attendees
- Develops and maintains strong partnerships with senior leadership positions at key distributors and strategic accounts
- Monitors competitor products and activities and raise awareness with Commercial Team
- Collaborates with the Marketing function in all new product launches through the EMEA distribution channel
- Effectively oversees Sales Offices in the region through either a direct (on site) management role or managing through assigned local Site Leaders
- Overseas site security and acts as emergency management point of contact.
- Point of approval for maintenance needs. Real Estate and Lease approvals.
- Hosts Sekisui Corporate visits.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA is preferred
- Experience in leading and managing a sales team
- Experience in selling through medical/surgical distribution and/or IVD industry
- Experience in International sales
- Experience in selling and supporting instrumentation
Skills / Pre-requisites:
- Demonstrated business acumen, capable of understanding macro-business relationships and how they relate to the individual customer
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the EMEA distribution and the major EMEA healthcare marketplaces
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Fluency in English and a second European language, preferably German, French, Italian or Spanish.
- Must be organized with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills and professionalism
- Ability to motivate people to achieve goals
- Ability to influence and build strong relationship
- Ability to travel up to 40%-50% (EU, Middle East, Africa, US-HQ as necessary)
Sekisui Diagnostics is a global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong core values. Sekisui Diagnostics offers a competitive salary, a competitive benefits package, and opportunities for professional growth to help you develop your skills to be successful in your career.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
By selecting apply now you will be leaving the Sekisui Diagnostics web site.