Temporary Associate Buyer/Planner
Plans and procures raw materials or other materials including machinery, equipment, tools, packaging materials, parts, services and supplies in support of assigned production areas. Confers with suppliers and analyzes supplier operations to determine factors that affect prices and demines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet requires schedules. Assists with analyzing supplier data to help develop and implement strategic approach to supplier consolidation, higher buying leverage, and contract negotiations. Assists with identifying opportunities for process improvements and/or cost efficiencies to meet the procurement needs of the internal customers. Maintains compliance with regulatory as well as company and department policies and procedures.
• Plan, procure and expedite inventory materials to ensure product availability for production using MRP analysis while complying with the Approved Supplier List.
• Utilizes company product and specialized material and/or planning knowledge to establish planning parameters associated with inventory levels, operating practices, production schedules, and new product introduction.
• May research and identify alternative solutions. May evaluate new suppliers or supply chain sources.
• Evaluates and negotiates prices, terms and conditions of contracts for goods and/or services.
• Develops supplier partnerships. Evaluates supplier reliability.
• Provides guidance in the planning or purchasing of products, identifying and communicating with others inside or outside the department to rectify problems or discrepancies and elevates issues to management when necessary.
• May participate in establishing and meeting cost savings and cost avoidance targets.
• Supports Material Review Board activities.
• Provides sourcing support for other department groups including MTS, R&D and Manufacturing.
• Reviews and helps establish requirements for material specification documents.
• Supports internal and external quality audits. Participates in off site supplier audits.
• Understands and adheres to all applicable QSR, ISO, Safety and Legal Requirements.
• Processes procurement of MRO materials and supports end-users across multiple sites.
• Maintains and files Purchasing records (PO, Supplier, Item Number Folders).
• Ensures all paperwork such as purchase orders, supplier qualifications, supplier reviews, deviations, change requests are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of work experience in a purchasing / planning environment or 3-5 years of work experience in a purchasing / planning environment; medical manufacturing environment preferred.
• Strong oral, written, and math skills.
• Knowledge of a QSR and ISO requirements.
• Experience working with computerized inventory management systems.
• ERP implementation experience preferred.
Skills / Pre-requisites:
• CPIM preferred.
• Ability to work with sense of urgency on a daily basis
• Ability to adjust to changing priorities on a regular basis
• Ability to work in team environment
• Good negotiation skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact well with internal and external customers
• APICS certification or courses a plus