Syphilis a chronic infection is caused by Treponema pallidum which can be transmitted congenitally or by sexual contact. It is characterized by episodes of active disease interrupted by periods of latency1. There are two types of serological test for syphilis, non-treponemal and treponemal. Treponemal tests measure antibodies to native (Nichols strain) or recombinant Treponemal Pallidum antigens 1. This automated assay is based on a latex immunoturbidimetric test principle.
Features and Benefits
- For the quantitative measurement of anti-Treponema pallidum antibodies in human serum and plasma.
- Fully automated methodology, improving the accuracy, precision and consistency of results.
- Fast results (10 minute assay)… ideal for screening.
- Definitive quantitative result.
- Good correlation with traditional methods (TPHA) … confidence in results.
- No false positives were found in samples from collagenosis patients, pregnant women and dialysis patients.
1. Longom DL, Fauci, AS, Kasper DL, Hauser SL, Jameson JL and Loscalzo J. Eds Harrison's Online-Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 18e, Part 8. Infectious Diseases. McGraw-Hill
|TPLA REAGENT||486647||1x60 mL (R1); 1x10 mL (R2)|