Homocysteine (Hcy) is a thiol-containing amino acid produced by the intracellular demethylation of methionine. Total homocysteine (tHcy) represents the sum of all forms of Hcy (including forms of oxidized, pro-tein bound and free).
Elevated level of tHcy has emerged as an important risk factor in the as-sessment of cardiovascular disease. Excess Hcy in the bloodstream may cause injuries to arterial vessels due to its irritant nature, and result in in-flammation and plaque formation, which may eventually cause blockage of blood flow to the heart.
Features and Benefits
HOMOCYSTEINE (2 PART)
- Homocysteine Reagent is intended for the quantitative measurement of total homocysteine.
- Two reagent assay.
- Reagents are ready to use and are stable for 30 days on-board the Roche Modular Analytics and the Beckman AU400.
- Calibrator included in the kit.
- The Enzymatic Assay kit is intended for the measurement of total L-homocysteine.
- Available on various instrument platforms.
- Two-part, three-part and four-part reagents available in instrument specific packaging from world leading instrument manufacturers including Roche, Beckman, and Dimension.
- In addition to the added convenience, these packaging options save operating time and improve laboratory efficiency be eliminating reagent transfer.
|HOMOCYSTEINE (2-PART)||FHRWR100||1x30 mL (R1); 1x5 mL (R2); 2x3 mL Calibrator|
|HOMOCYSTEINE (2-PART)||FHRWR200||1x60 mL (R1); 1x10 mL (R2); 2x3 mL Calibrator|
|HOMOCYSTEINE (2-PART)||FHRWAU100||1x30 mL (R1); 1x5 mL (R2); 2x3 mL Calibrator (Packaged in Beckman AU™ cartridges)|
|HOMOCYSTEINE (2-PART)||FHRWAU200||1x60 mL (R1); 1x10 mL (R2); 2x3 mL Calibrator (Packaged in Beckman AU™ cartridges)|
|HOMOCYSTEINE (UNIVERSAL)||DZ568B-K||1x52 mL (R1); 1x15 mL (R2)|
|HOMOCYSTEINE (DZ SERIES)||DZ568A-K||1x54 mL (R1); 1x11 mL (R2); 1x8 mL (R3)|
|HOMOCYSTEINE (DZ SERIES)||DZ568A-K07||1x90 mL (R1); 1x20 mL (R2); 1x13 mL (R3)|
|HOMOCYSTEINE (AU CARTRIDGE)||DZ568B-BY1||1x50 mL (R1); 1x14 mL (R2)|
|HOMOCYSTEINE (AU CARTRIDGE)||DZ568B-BY2||2x50 mL (R1); 2x14 mL (R2)|
|HOMOCYSTEINE (DIMENSION FLEX)||DZ568A-KD2||2x16 mL (R1); 2x4 mL (R2); 2x3.5 mL (R3)|
|HOMOCYSTEINE (INTEGRA)||DZ568A-K08||2.x25.5 mL (R1); 2x5.8 mL (R2); 2x4. mL (R3)|
|HOMOCYSTEINE (SYNCHRON CARTRIDGE)||DZ568A-K04||2x22 mL (R1); 2x3.7 mL (R2); 2x2.5 mL (R3)|
|HOMOCYSTEINE (SYNCHRON CARTRDIGE)||DZ568A-K05||2x45 mL (R1); 2x9 mL (R2); 2x5.7 mL (R3)|