Sr. Cost Accountant/Analyst
Duties cover all facets of cost accounting, and include but are not limited to, budgeting, forecasting, standard cost development, reporting and analyzing manufacturing variances and maintaining fixed assets for the site. Performs monthly accounting duties including preparing journal entries and monthly reconciliations for Inventory, Sales and COGS. Provides key analytical support and is the lead finance business partner to site management.
May include some or all of the following:
- Works closely with site management to provide financial analysis, trends and ad hoc reporting for timely and effective decision making.
- Prepare margin/volume/price analysis for management.
Develop manufacturing standard cost for new product lines/items.
- Provide Business Partner support to the site.
- Perform monthly reconciliations in which identified variances are resolved in a timely manner for Inventory, Sales and COGS
- Prepare monthly journal entries including capitalize & amortize inventory variances, inventory reserve (quarterly), various reclass entries.
- Provide monthly financial data to Cost Center Managers at the site. (Actual v. Fcst./Bud, HC reporting, etc.)
- Maintain and ensure compliance with company inventory reserve policy including calculating the quarterly inventory reserve.
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve the relevance and effectiveness of financial processes, systems and finance business model practices.
- Participate in the annual budget/forecast process and update cost center budgets/forecast, capital expenditure spend, update standard costs and update transfer pricing.
- Understand Sekisui Diagnostics accounting policies, practices and procedures, and implications of these on financial results and business objectives.
- Provide support for external audit and maintain compliance with Sarbanes Oxley controls.
Education / Experience:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or comparable degree. CPA/CMA and/or MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in a public multi-national company preferred, with pharmaceutical, biotech manufacturing, or medical device industry experience a plus.
- Knowledge of management accounting and cost accounting principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) & IFRS.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills, Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX & MFG/Pro a plus
Skills / Pre-requisites:
- Self-motivated, highly organized, able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, interpret and exercise professional judgment, and creatively problem solve
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lead projects and meetings as required
- Organization and planning skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Maintains confidentiality
- Generally receives no instructions on routine assignments and works under limited supervision
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.