Operate general manufacturing equipment and perform production operations in accordance with QSR, ISO and company Quality System requirements with minimal supervision. Perform repetitive and non-repetitive as well as routine and non-routine assigned operations necessary to support production. Act or assist as work cell lead to include organizing and setting up the production lines.
May include some or all of the following:
- Responsible for leading a small group (2-3) of operators.
- Understands and follows all QSR, ISO, Safety and Legal requirements.
- Conducts line inspections in accordance with approved processes and/or established procedures.
- Sets up, performs adjustments/minor troubleshooting, and operates basic and complex production equipment.
- Communicates equipment problems to work cell lead or area lead.
- Stages materials for specified job and completes daily labor tracking sheets.
- Ability to perform transactions/functions utilizing business system when requested.
- Responsible for filling out and reviewing documentation.
- Trains new employees in work cell operations as well as on simple or complex equipment.
- Meets and supports established production goals.
- Identifies non-conforming material, initiates NCMR documentation, participates in root cause analysis and develops corrective action.
- Other responsibilities as requested
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma/equivalent or 3-5 years of related work experience preferred.
- Ability to follow oral and written procedures and to recognize gross deviations from normal process.
- Good oral and written English skills required.
- Basic math skills (including percentages, fractions, unit conversion) required.
- Ability to train individuals in necessary work skills.
- Possesses basic mechanical skills.
Skills / Pre-requisites:
- Able to work in a team environment
- Must be willing to learn new production line skills and exercise flexibility.
- Ability to work with spreadsheets.
- No specific training experience required.