Maintenance Technician I
Sekisui Diagnostics PEI Inc., has an exciting job opportunity for an Maintenance Technician. This is a permanent full time position located in our Charlottetown location.
To work closely with Operations staff to identify improvements to equipment to allow for improved efficiencies. To plan and perform scheduled preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment used in the manufacture of products. To assist in implementing project measures to improve building and equipment operating performance and efficiency.
May include some or all of the following:
- Planning, scheduling and performing checks on equipment per routine preventive maintenance and calibration protocols.
- Performing planned and emergency maintenance on equipment.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date PM scheduling spreadsheets, asset lists and work order documentation.
- Contacting/coordinating and overseeing work of outside vendors such as electrical, refrigeration, plumbing and other contractors. This will also include offering contractor safety training.
- Proactively evaluating potential problems on the job and initiating action to limit negative outcomes and to improve throughput and efficiency.
- Reviewing documentation (operation manual, specification sheets, etc.) to support installation of new equipment and development of the preventive maintenance program and spare parts inventory.
- Participating and creating policies and procedures that affect the use of equipment, supplies and facilities.
- Review and trend data on Manufacturing Line performance to find potential areas of improvement.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Education / Experience:
- Electromechanical Technology, BSc. Engineering, or equivalent degree/diploma
- Existing experience and aptitude in troubleshooting
- PLC knowledge an asset
- Microsoft Office
Skills / Pre-requisites:
- Hands on, self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-task environment.
- Positive attitude and open to learning new things
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Highly professional, have good judgment and be willing to take initiative
- Solid knowledge with computer skills including use of e-mail, databases, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet programs
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent attention to detail, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle high volume of detail work simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted